Thursday, August 25, 2011

Update!

Oh the work that has happened the last week. I am truly exhausted and anxious for our lives to return to normal. When we moved in I don't think we realized how many little things were still not done. I think we were in survival mode although we knew there would be things to be finished. The main thing that needs to be finished (besides the vacuum being set up, the tv's being hung, the satellite being ordered, the deck being completed, the siding being done, the dog run being finished...) is the interior stone work. The fireplace and the hearth (which spans the entire living room), 2 pillars in the Kitchen and 2 at the front door all need stone on them. On Monday the Mason's (stone trades) came to start. They did a scratch coat on the fireplace, hearth and 1 pillar. They set up scaffolding in the middle of my living room and then left. The next day they came and scratch coated the other pillars and left. And I haven't seen them since... and the scaffolding is still set up. Now, I am a patient person with the construction side of things. I am usually the one reassuring my clients that a trade will be back soon but I am going crazy. Funny how it is when the tables are turned. I really just want to get my house in order and get the main floor livable. It has so much dust and dirt and things are not in the proper place. I am starting to get annoyed.

The second floor is pretty much finished and unpacked. The girls rooms are done and the curtains are all hung. Sommer and Britton's rooms turned out perfectly! Can not wait to post some pictures!! Britton is still waking up a few times in the night and I am starting to see why a small house is nice... the walk to her room is quite far in this big house!! By the time I get to her room she has already rolled over and is trying to sit up. Usually makes for a middle of the night nursing session to get her back to sleep. Oh, if only she would sleep through the night!!!

Britton had her 7 month immunizations yesterday. She was a real trooper :) She is getting very big now and weighs in at 17.66 lbs!! I have to check but I think she has now passed what Sommer was at 7 months. Crazy to believe that my little 5 pounder has gained so much weight and is doing so well! I couldn't have asked for anything better but I really do miss my little baby!! Britton also learned to crawl last week so things are getting interesting! She scrunches up like a little inch worm and can really book it across the room! I will try and take some video of it! Sommer didn't learn to crawl until around the end of 7 months and I can remember how excited I was for it! Now I just think, "oh no! Here we go again!!"

Well I should head to bed here before my little angel wakes up any minute. Oh to have a full nights sleep again.... what was that like!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment