Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Moving To The Country




Ah, the sweet smell of long grass and the feel of the wind in your hair. Looking out the back window of your house and seeing no neighbours. Going on walks and exploring your own backyard. Yes, that's the life. My life soon. The acreage life.

We have been waiting for this for almost 2.5 years when we first bought the acreage and now the time is so near. Just 2 weeks until we move into our dream house. The house we have designed, argued over, dreamed of, and put our own "blood, sweat, and tears" into. I. Am. Beyond. Excited. I can't wait to make memories, build traditions, and create an atmosphere of love in this house.

I can't wait for my girls to grow up in the country. I think country life teaches you something that city life just can't. And I can say that, I am a city girl. I think country life teaches you hard work, dedication, and an overall appreciation and respect for God's creation. There are going to be chores to finish, animals to feed and lots and lots and lots of grass to cut! I want Sommer and Britton to know that they are a vital part of this family and that we all have jobs and responsibilities. No one is too little to help.

We have so many ideas that we can't wait to see come together over the years. One of my favorite things to do is walk with James throughout the 7 acres we own and daydream. I love planning where my garden will be, where the horse pasture will one day be, where our fire-pit will be and which trees are best for the girls' treehouse. So many ideas, so much space, so many memories waiting to be made.

I look forward to sharing with you my journey of going from city girl to country girl. I am sure I will have many "fails" along the way and it will be an adjustment. But join me while I try!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mel,
    New blog looks great!! Happy Moving! I trust it will all go very well for you! I'd love to see the new place sometime!

    ReplyDelete